As Year-End Approaches, Time to Think About How You Will Give Back to English High

As we are rounding the final corner of 2021 it’s time to think about year-end giving. For many of us that means thinking about how we can give back to English High.

We spoke with a couple of English alumni in the financial field for their take on ways alumni can make a financial gift to EHSA and we are sharing their ideas below.

Of course, all this comes with a very important caveat — that you should consult your own professional financial and tax advisors.

With that said, here are some of the ways you can make a financial gift to EHSA:

  • Make a direct gift. This is easy to do online through our website or by writing a check. Information on how to do either is on our website.

  • Make a bequest in your will. In your will you can designate an amount to go to The English High School Association. This may be in the form of cash, stocks and bonds or government notes and bonds. Consult your financial advisor or attorney for more information.

  • Make a Qualified Charitable Distribution from an Individual Retirement Account (IRA). Consult your tax or financial advisor.

  • Set up a Charitable Remainder Unitrust or a Charitable Lead Trust. Consult your tax advisor or attorney on these.

For further information from the IRS you may want to consult:

Publication 526

Publication 559

Publication 1771

Online at

Other ways to give:

  • Volunteer Tutoring. The EHS Alumni & Friends Tutoring Center welcomes English Alumni who would like to get involved one-on-one with students on The English High School campus. Contact Sage Marsters, Director of the EHS Alumni & Friends Tutoring Center,

  • Get Involved with EHSA. We need the help of alumni who are interested in supporting our fundraising efforts. This may involve outreach to potential sponsors, research and other efforts. Contact Mike Thomas, President/CEO of EHSA for more information.

Leave a Reply